Children’s University is a way to enrich your curriculum and open children’s eyes to many different ways of learning, in places and ways they might not expect.
Becoming a member
Research shows that Children's University has a measurable, positive impact on attendance, attitudes and attainment. Read a full report, ‘Evaluating Provision, Progress and Quality of Learning in the Children's University 2012’, by Professor John MacBeath, outlining proven benefits.
You and Bristol and South Gloucestershire Children’s University
Bristol and South Gloucestershire Children’s University tailors support for schools on an individual basis and includes:
- Payment of the full cost of school membership and registration fee funded by UWE Bristol.
- Information and training for staff..
- Issue of Passport to Learning, e-passport licences, Children's University stamps, promotional material and certificates.
- Validation of school based activities and clubs as restricted learning activities.
- Invitations to dedicated Children's University events and regional graduation ceremonies.
- Loan of caps and gowns.
What we need from school members
You’ll need to assign a member of staff to coordinate Children’s University membership and activities in your school. Their role may involve:
- Promoting Children's University to children and parents, carers and staff.
- Organising information and training sessions as required.
- Identifying potential activities eligible for validation (eg. After-school clubs).
- Administrative duties, including monitoring members, stamping of Passport to Learning for school based activities and liaising with Bristol and South Gloucestershire Children's University Co-ordinator about centrally organised events.
- Promoting your school's involvement with Bristol and South Gloucestershire Children's University.
- Supporting undergraduate student ambassadors when they are in school.
How to join
Please register your interest in becoming a member school.